Chiwda is a popular namkeen Maharashtrian snack. It is a mixture of flattened rice and some simple spices. Making the traditional chiwda is a long process but this kachcha or instant chiwda can be made in such a less time.
This instant chiwda is one of my favourite snack as it is so easy to make and healthy too. It is a mixture of poha, peanuts, roasted chana dal and some spices.
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of kachha chiwda. If you are a chiwda lover just like me, do try this out.
Check out our other snacks recipes :
KACHCHA CHIWDA RECIPE
Instant chiwda is an easy to make snacks option that you can make without any prior preparations. Here is how to make it.
- 1 cup Poha/Flattened rice (Thin )
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Roasted chana dal
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar(optional)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- Fresh coriander Finely chopped
- Heat a pan and dry roast poha till it becomes crispy. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan or any small vessel. Fry peanuts in it.
- Take a bowl. Add roasted poha, fried peanuts, roasted chana dal, red chilli powder, salt, sugar, oil. Mix well.
- Add chopped onion and coriander. Mix well and serve.
You can make this chiwda and store it in an air-tight container. Add onion and coriander just before serving.
Spring onions can also be used instead of plain onions.
I also add some chopped spinach leaves to add it a healthy twist.