Dal Seekh Kabab is an Indian starter/snack recipe. Indian party’s snack platter is incomplete without this delicious appetizer dish of seekh kabab. It is made using a mixture of chana dal, moong dal and masoor dal. Potato is used for binding the kabab and some spices are added to make a delectable dish.
Sharing here my detailed recipe of dal seekh kabab with step-by-step photos. If you are looking for a healthy starter or snack option, do try this out.
Dal Seekh Kabab Recipe
Here is how to make this Dal seekh kabab that you can enjoy as starters or snacks.
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1/2 cup mix dal (moong dal, masoor dal)
- 1/2 cup boiled,grated potato
- 1 grated onion
- 2 minced green chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- 1&1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp Gram flour (besan), roasted
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
1. Soak all dals in 2 cups of water for 2-3 hours.
2. Add soaked dals in a pan and boil until the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated. Let it cool down.
3. Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients, except oil, and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into equal portions.
5. Apply a little oil to your palm. Using a thick seekh (metal /wooden skewer/toothpick), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make kabab.
6. Brush each kabab with oil. Heat oil in a pan and cook kababs until both sides are brown.
7. Serve hot with green chutney and lachha onion.
If you don’t have any of the above mentioned dals, replace it with other dal to make proportion equal.