Beetroot – a taproot origin from Canada & USA, basically known for its high nutrition values such as vitamin B classes and minerals, iron and calcium. Now a days this vegetable has marked its valued presence in Indian diet. Here I have tried to incorporate these health benefits in our regular Indian sweet.
Beetroot coconut laddu is an innovative, delicious and a very healthy sweet recipe made using beetroot, coconut and condensed milk and flavored with cardamom and nutmeg powder. Adding beetroot in our sweets recipe makes it more nutritious and kids will definitely enjoy this recipe. You can also try this recipe on any occasion.
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Beetroot coconut laddu. If you are looking for a healthy and easy sweet option, do try this out.
Beetroot Coconut Laddu Recipe
Here is how to make this healthy and tasty beetroot coconut laddos.
Makes approx. 18 laddus.
- Beetroot – 1 cup, grated
- Desiccated coconut – 2 cup
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat 2 tbsp ghee and add grated beetroot.
- Cook beetroot until it becomes soft and dry.
- Add desiccated coconut. Mix it well.
- Then add condensed milk, Mix and cook on low flame for about 5 mins or the mixture is thick enough. Keep stirring to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Turn off the flame. Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down slightly.
- Grease your palm with ghee, take a small portion of the cooled mixture and start shaping into a ball.
- Roll the laddu into desiccated coconut.
- Healthy beetroot laddu is ready.
Increase or decrease the amount of condensed milk as per your taste.
You can also add some chopped dry fruits.
Store in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator. It stays good for 8-10 days.