Rajma/Kidney beans salad is a high protein, vegan, and easy to make salad recipe, can be enjoyed with your meals. Kidney beans are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, and vitamin K1.
Cooked kidney beans offer several weight-loss-friendly compounds, making them an excellent addition to an effective weight loss diet. Also, it is rich in iron which helps to maintain your hemoglobin levels.
Making this rajma salad is very easy. All you need is cooked rajma/kidney beans, some chopped vegetables, and a dash of lime with chaat masala and salt. You can cook and store rajma and just mix it with other ingredients at the time of serving.
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Healthy Rajma salad.
Healthy Rajma/Kidney Beans Salad Recipe
Here is how to make this healthy salad that you can have for a light meal or serve as a side dish with your regular meals.
- Rajma/Kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 cup, grated
- Green Chillies – 1-2, cut into slits
- Fresh coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash kidney beans and soak in enough water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Add soaked kidney beans to the pressure cooker. Add a tsp of salt and enough water. Pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Allow pressure to release naturally. Drain the excess water. The rajma should be soft and cooked well.
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked rajma/kidney beans and all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.
- Enjoy this Indian style rajma salad with your everyday meals.
You can also add vegetables of your choice like spinach, capsicum, cabbage, etc.