Peanut Chutney | Peanut curd chutney | Farali chutney is an easy, quick and the best side dish that we can serve with any fasting snacks like sabudana vada, thalipeeth, farali pattice, etc.
This peanut chutney is very easy and gets ready within no time. It requires just 5-6 ingredients. You can roast peanuts and store it in an airtight container and use whenever you want to make this chutney. Though it is usually served for fasting, I sometimes make this with other dishes like Idli, dosa or chillas as well.
You may also like :
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Peanut curd chutney.
Peanut Curd Chutney Recipe
Here is how to make this peanut chutney for fasting/vrat.
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Green chilies – 1-2, as per your taste
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add peanuts in it.
- Roast peanuts on low to medium flame, stirring it often so that peanuts do not get burnt. Make sure peanuts are well roasted with no rawness from the center.
- Combine roasted peanuts, cumin seeds, green chilies, sugar, salt and grind it using mixer.
- Add curd and blend it smooth.
- Your peanut chutney is ready. Enjoy it with sabudana vada/thalipeeth.
Use of sugar is completely optional. If you do not like sweet taste, you can skip adding sugar.